The Invisalign teeth straightening process can be employed to correct unwanted gaps between teeth, an over bite, under bite, cross bite, or overcrowding. The more severe the malocclusion, the longer treatment will take to correct it.
Invisalign offers many benefits over traditional teeth straightening methods:
- Aligners are clear – Their transparency allows the patient to have their smile makeover done with the confidence that their treatment is virtually undetectable.
- Aligners are removable – The benefits of this one aspect are numerous:
- Unrestricted diet – aligners are removed to eat meals and snacks which means that all the healthy fruits and vegetables that may be off limits with metal braces are approved.
- Daily teeth maintenance – brushing and flossing are completed with minimal effort allowing the wearer to brush and floss without any obstacles.
- Twice yearly dental visits – Appointments with the dentist for a thorough cleaning and exam will promote healthy teeth and gums.
- Tracking progress is easier when braces are removed.
- There are no wires or metal to rub against soft mouth tissues creating cuts and abrasions.
Invisalign has been improved to be able to treat almost all dental malocclusions. During your consultation with your dentist, photographs, x-rays, and impressions are taken. These tools will be used for diagnostic purposes; once treatment is approved the Invisalign laboratory will use them to fabricate a series of aligners designed to be updated every couple of weeks.
Each aligner was developed with the use of 3-D digital technology to keep teeth shifting. The aligners are to be worn a minimum of 20 to 22 hours every day to complete treatment in the designated time frame.
As treatment continues, the changes will become more apparent. In addition to the obvious corrections to your smile, straight teeth will improve your dental health. Crooked teeth provide areas for bacteria to grow because reaching them with dental floss and a tooth brush may be difficult resulting in them being overlooked. This can lead to dental decay or gum disease.
Invisalign clear aligners will provide a smile makeover with subtle changes that will result in improving your appearance as well as your dental health.
Contact the office of Dr. Lori Logan for more information about Invisalign aligners and how they can transform your smile today.